Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
Distributed is looking for a Finance Manager to play a key role in the day-to-day running of the Finance department. You will join an existing team of 3 in a fast-paced scale-up environment, helping to ensure that all deliverables are met in a timely manner with incredibly high attention to detail
Includes, but not limited to:
Playing a key role in the day-to-day running of the finance department, working
closely with the Finance Assistant in all aspects of BAU, such as accounts
receivable accounts payable and invoicing
- Assisting with all Month End close tasks, such as Balance Sheet reconciliations,
P&L analysis and Management Reporting
- Acting as a key contact in the team for ad-hoc queries from both internal and
- Undertaking various financial analysis, both on a regular cadence and ad-hoc
- Working closely with the Commercial and Delivery functions in order to provide
insight and analysis of both project P&L and the management accounts
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager
- PQE (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Experience playing a key role in both BAU and Month End close cycles
- Management reporting experience, both from a creation and analysis perspective
- Ideally experience with some or all of the following: project accounting, statutory accounts, VAT returns and payroll
- Advanced excel or Gsheet skills, e.g. complex formulas, pivot tables, VBA
- Experience with process improvements and creating procedures/policies is a plus
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will be:
- A natural problem solver with high attention to detail
- Calm and resilient under pressure
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with a challenge/question mindset
- A strong communicator, able to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple functions
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.