Senior PHP Developer
UK based - Outside IR35 - Fully Remote
Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
What's in it for you? Our mission is to create freelance jobs with more benefits than permanent.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
About the role:
We're looking for a creative PHP Developer to achieve business’ technological goals. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with strong knowledge of providing valid suggestions on improving the product, and an ability to translate business needs into client-friendly technical solutions. The Web Developer will be responsible for developing websites and customised applications and implementing a usability testing process to ensure that it fulfils the requirement of the client.
- Develop database objects and data models supporting the applications
- Conform to coding standards using industry best practices
- Planning and prototyping new applications.
- Deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project.
- Running performance benchmarking tests.
- Experience with PHP coding.
- Familiarity with MySQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Experience with Continuous integration
- Working in AGILE/SCRUM
- Git source control experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Knowledge in systems, data integration, and server administration
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.