Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
- Set the vision for the target experience and bring to life for all stakeholders.
- Understand, analyse and map complex journeys and processes.
- Use design research techniques to uncover customer needs and pain points.
- Deliver the design of end to end services with clear specifications and guidelines.
- Carry out regular user tests during the design process to ensure the design meets the client’s expectations.
- Carry out frequent competitor analysis of other websites to inspire the latest design language.
- Support product owners, business analysts etc. in defining objectives & key results including user-centric measures.
- Guide solution delivery based on value, and iterative and incremental approaches, including defining the minimum marketable product.
- Support team development, through design leadership, mentoring and coaching.
- Work closely with other designers, user researchers and product owners to ensure we are aligned around and continuously improving excellent end-to-end journeys.
- Ensure proposed business process models follow company standards and policy.
- Influence working practices and behaviours in teams to support a user-centred design approach.
- Be an ambassador for the service design profession within the company.
- Solid experience as a UX-UI Designer or similar role.
- Demonstrable UI design portfolio.
- Excel in hands-on human-centred design, starting from the needs of the customer/colleague.
- Experience planning and leading workshops with teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Interpreting evidence about users to understand behaviours and define user needs to propose services that meet their needs.
- Experience running A/B tests to form objective and valid conclusions.
- Proactively identifying and defining unmet needs of people who may not currently use our services
- Leading the capture of user stories and acceptance criteria to facilitate clear understanding of the user’s interactions – ideally in an agile environment.
- Leading the design of experiments and minimum viable product, including the build measure learn loop
- Skilled in the development of service blueprints, customer journey maps, use scenarios, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, personas and business process models.
- Collaboratively develop ideas facilitating sketching, prototyping and iterative design.
- Strong stakeholder management at all levels and across functions.
- Communicating complex information and processes clearly across organisational boundaries to build a shared understanding.
- Confidently making the case for design and prioritisation to senior stakeholders.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.