Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
Work closely with the Financial Controller to fulfil financial reporting requirements across the business. The role will require diligent numerical skills and a keen eye for detail - in order to prepare accurate reports; an inquisitive nature - to seek out anomalies; and excellent communication skills – in order to query internal stakeholders on any findings.
- Take ownership of existing internal stakeholder reporting under guidance of the Financial Controller
- Undertake intuitive analysis of existing reports, e.g. variance analysis
- Work closely with Delivery function to understand context behind reported project finances
- Work closely with Commercial team members to better understand sold projects
- Utilise knowledge of the business to identify reporting gaps within Finance and take initiative to create new processes to fulfil those gaps
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requirements from internal stakeholders, such as department heads and senior management
- Work closely with Data/BI team to automate reporting requirements, where possible
- Implement new processes with minimal guidance
- Proactively seek out and solve issues that impact the finance department
- Support the day-to-day running of finance department
- Quickly build rapport and establish a presence across the business
- Proven experience as a Financial Reporting Analyst or similar role in Finance
- Strong attention to detail and keen eye for mistakes
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient excel – VBA is ideal but not necessary
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Quick and inquisitive learner
- Keen problem solver
- Entrepreneurial self-starter‘
- Question everything’ mindset
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.