Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
Managing Directors report into The Head of Delivery and are responsible for running a Division (key clients or groups of clients) within Distributed. They are experienced leaders, with strong entrepreneurial ethos, P&L management and delivery backbones. Distributed is currently split into 3 distinct Divisions, comprising big, brand name, enterprise customers, and is growing at 4x per annum.
- Managing the Delivery, P&L and Client Relationship of a core division within Distributed, between £5m-£15m
- Responsible for seamlessly delivering the book of business to an excellent standard, objectively demonstrating a better quality of output for our customers to other suppliers. Ensuring client satisfaction and ongoing business relationships
- Responsible for managing the client(s) commercially, upselling, and extensions on existing engagements. Working closely with Business Development on identifying and selling new opportunities, and growing the division
- Responsible for the P&L management of the Division. Managing engagements to budget, margin improvement initiatives and staff modelling and utilisation.
- Building and owning all aspects of the relationships with customers (commercial, propositional and delivery) based on outstanding delivery, transforming customer engagements into multi-year relationships. Working closely with the customer in driving long term strategy and roadmap.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of highly skilled team members across technology, product and project management, driving increased performance
- Work hand-in-glove with core areas of the business - Business Development, Talent Acquisition, Finance and Product building lasting, strong working relationships based on trust and high performance
- Liaise with Practice leads within Delivery, ensuring you are always leveraging best practice within your division, as well as feeding back and evolving the best way to deliver for our customers
- Support Sales and Delivery teams during project scoping process, building strong relationships early in the customer process and ensuring we are able to delivery to their needs
- Develop and manage resourcing plan for the function, working closely with People and Finance teams along with Head of Project Management Practice
- Identify gaps in revenue forecasted from Finance and account level forecasted revenue and proactively work with Sales and CS to close the gap
- Be a cultural beacon within the company, pursuing strong growth and delivery, coupled with creating a workplace of choice for freelancers and core people
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience
- Can manage a portfolio of work up to £15m in revenue
- Comfortable with bridging the gap between customer requirements and delivery - enabling a stable platform within delivery to deliver consistently excellent product
- Strong commercial acumen
- P&L, margin and staff utilisation management
- Bring passion and ownership to your division and nurture that passion within your team and customers
- Experience building strong highly performing teams
- Expert background in Project Delivery
- Technology literate across web and infrastructure stacks
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- AXA private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.