Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
- Working across multiple external customers to analyse needs, define strategic goals and align them to the product roadmap.
- Develop, scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Work with stakeholders to create and define problem statements leading to root cause analysis.
- Create and gather requirements from stakeholders, ensuring documentation is complete, understandable, and unambiguous.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Backlog and user story creation with the ability to write user stories for different skill sets, e.g. UX/UI and coders.
- Ability to work across several squads to fulfil the BA role - when and where most needed
- Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends.
- Significant experience as a Business Analyst, with experience of both startups and enterprise clients.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Extensive experience working with multi-skilled, cross-functional engineer teams, preferably as part of a professional services team.
- Proven track record of working with technical teams to deliver products to delight users.
- User story creation with Gherkin Acceptance Criteria.
- JIRA, Confluence, Slack.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere in the UK or within GMT +/-3 hours time zone; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.