Fully Remote - Europe
Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
What's in it for you? Our mission is to create freelance jobs with more benefits than permanent.
Want to know more? read: https://www.distributed.com/about
Elastic Team Developer Exclusively joining our Community
As a Distributed Elastic Team Developer, you will gain access to the opportunity to be part of our projects delivering high-quality products.
If approved to join our community by qualifying through the assessment process, you will automatically be one of the individuals who could be considered for exciting customer-centric projects that we are currently engaged on for our clients.
Once on a project you will be working closely with teams of engineers, QAs, and designers, producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes, testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
We're proud to have Enterprise companies like Capita and BT, BBC, NHS, Virgin, Money, BP, Master Card, Tesco and Suzuki select us for delivering user-centric products.
Our mission as an organization is to provide our community with access to the most exciting tech projects and to build a freelance career with us as we continue to scale as an organisation
- Developing applications in React including component design and state management for specific use cases
- Proficiency with React Native, React, and Typescript. Familiarity with Swift, or Objective C a plus
- Experience creating React Native mobile solutions for iOS
- Hands on experience with Azure
- Familiarity with native build tools, like Xcode
- Experience with system architecture or leading a team is a plus
- Developing REST APIs using Python (preferably Flask or FastAPI)
- Experience working with at least one SQL and NoSQL Database (MongoDB, SQL Server, Snowflake, Postgres preferred)
- Experience working with Python in a back end or data engineering environment
- General understanding of infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines and the willingness to learn more
- Basic experience with AWS platform
Nice to have skills
- Handling Services in a containerized docker environment
- Proficiency in third party package management tooling (Artifactory or AWS Layers)
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience building event-driven applications and using queues
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.