Senior Java Developer
Remote role, UK based, inside IR35
6 months fixed term contract, with a possibility to extend
Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
What's in it for you? Our mission is to create freelance jobs with more benefits than permanent.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
About this role
We're helping our client build a market-leading AI fuelled personalised decision-making process across a range of applications and services. As a senior Java developer you'll be building API-centric applications embedding personalised advertising.
In this role you would be:
- Creating scalable applications that make optimal use of Cloud-native technologies
- Developing across a range of concurrency paradigms
- Using various integration and unit testing methodologies such as property-based testing
- Coding with Kotlin (preferably) or other JVM languages
- Working with frameworks such as Ktor and Netty
- Utilising and implementing OAuth2 authentication and integrating with external providers such as Azure Active Directory and Cognito
We’re looking for passionate technologists who enjoy working in collaborative agile teams. You’ll need to be a clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team. We enjoy the big picture and the detail; we want people who excel at both.
We would love to speak with you if you have:
- Senior or Lead Java Developer experience
- Experience and/or knowledge of Kotlin
- The ability to build high-throughput public applications
- Experience using, maintaining and extending a local developing stack centred around Docker, Local Stack and GCP emulators
- Strong SQL (Postgres, Presto, and BigQuery preferred) skills
- Data engineering skills, including experience using Spark (Dataproc, Glue) and Dataflow
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.