Junior Platform Engineer
Who are we?
Distributed is a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.com/about.
The Junior Platform Engineer reports to the Continuous Improvement Lead and assists the Continuous Improvement team in software engineering tasks, compiling data to create reports for upper management to aid in decision-making. They research data sources to verify the validity of the information and will be responsible for designing and maintaining databases and answer questions users might have regarding the system in place. The Junior Platform Engineer translates raw data into digital format by creating discrete integration software, visualising business-relevant information using AWS and third party systems and ensures that the information is accurate and without error.
- Research and assemble information and data, preparing internal and external communication materials for presentations, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Develop serverless integrations with third party systems and provide secure API access to facilitate further automation.
- Visualise data using AWS systems and SQL.
- Contribute to identifying trends, root causes, and opportunities for improvement.
- Execute all regular transaction processes necessary to maintain operations, records and databases.
- Collecting, storing, organising, and maintaining data in databases, spreadsheets, or other electronic formats.
- Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications.
- Assist in automation, implementation, testing, and validating data and software systems.
- Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Assist in maintenance, backup and security of business data.
- Knowledge of computer hardware systems, data analytics and computer science.
- Ability to read, interpret, and verify data from multiple formats.
- In-depth knowledge of data retrieval and storage systems.
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, perform well under pressure, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines
- 3-month fixed-term contract
- Work from anywhere in the UK; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.
- Fully Remote
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Workplace & culture
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly.
The Company is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
We are Distributed: we help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our on-demand Elastic Teams.
Last year alone Distributed won 5 awards including 2 awards for growth, most disruptive startup in Startups 100, Winner in the Deloitte Fast 50 UK, a winner in the Red Herring Europe Top 100, and winner of a global award for Outstanding Reward & Recognition for remote working from The Omnis.
This year BT Digital signed a £30m deal with Distributed to accelerate its digital transformation and innovation agenda by rapidly bringing together multi-skilled digital teams.
We do things differently, we move fast, we are recognised as leaders in our sector, and we look after our people. We are a people company that uses technology to deliver beyond client expectations.
Join us if you want to be part of our Elastic Team community that’s shaping the future of freelance working.
Junior Platform Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Distributed?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.