Engineering Manager - Dynatrace, Jenkins, TypeScript, AWS
Remote - EU/Africa
Contract initially to December 2023 with a view to extending for 6 months
Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
What's in it for you? Our mission is to create freelance jobs with more benefits than permanent.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
About this role
You will be joining the Platforms team within Enterprise Digital and be responsible for our ZeroOps squad, whose goal is to make a life for the development teams in other parts of the business easier by providing a set of low-friction, fully managed cloud capabilities and abstracting these complexities away from the developer – allowing them to focus on code and not infrastructure.
The ZeroOps team is mainly responsible for overseeing the infrastructure. They heavily rely on Dynatrace, their go-to tool within the observability stack, to ensure Enterprise Apps are observable and monitorable in production.
As a polyglot and hands-on engineering manager, you will be a confident solutions designer, able to communicate complex ideas clearly at various levels of the organization and skilled in working with multi-skilled teams to develop workable solutions.
- Be a consultant for multiple teams; your deep hands-on experience with multiple build and deployment approaches, patterns, and architectures means that you can advise both external teams and your team as to the best way to implement a solution
- Lead, grow and hire a team of engineers that develop best-in-breed Dynatrace tooling
- Create and lead strategy for a roadmap that caters to the needs of the business and developers
- Remove manual implementation from workflows and look to automate as much as possible
- Provide mentorship and career support for the members of your teams - maximising their potential
- Agile champion for your teams, taking pride in a metrics-based organisation that looks to improve itself continually
We’re looking for passionate technologists who enjoy working in collaborative, agile teams. You’ll need to be a clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team. We enjoy the big picture and the details; we want people who excel at both.
- Extensive experience with Dynatrace in a commercial environment, building, maintaining and delivering to production
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using GitLab
- Experience in building software products in Typescript
- Experience in a team leadership position where you were responsible for career growth and mentorship of team members
- Experience with agile systems development methodologies
- Experience with cloud computing on AWS
- Desirable to have an AWS certification
- Passion for automation with a reluctance for manual implementation
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.