Who are we?
Distributed is a software development and advisory firm powering the future of tech within the Enterprise market with our Talent Cloud of flexible and skilled technical talent.
We retain highly-vetted, globally distributed resources of top quartile digital talent, providing our clients with the depth, speed of mobilisation and delivery they fail to receive from alternate partners. Our capability has been proven to be 52% more productive than tier 1 consultancy firms, and 90% more productive than the industry average.
We aid businesses access the most effective on-demand software capability to quickly deliver mission critical projects cost-effectively and timely.
Through the platform established via our Community, we enable the contingent workforce category to build meaningful careers aligned to the freelance environment.
You will work with talented professionals from diverse backgrounds who are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader together.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.com/about.
Distributed are looking for an experienced and ambitious Finance Manager with minimum 2 years PQE to lead the day-to-day operations of the Finance department.
You will join a team of 4 in a fast-paced scale-up environment, helping to ensure that all deliverables are met in a timely manner with an incredibly high attention to detail.
Career development will be supported, with a clear progression pathway to Financial Controller in the future.
Include, but not limited to:
- Lead daily finance operations, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Invoicing processes
- Own the month end close cycle, including Management Accounts, Balance Sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis
- Undertaking various financial analysis, both on a regular cadence and ad-hoc, also facing-off against the C-Suite and Senior Management
- Acting as a key contact in the team for any finance related queries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with the Commercial and Delivery functions in order to provide insight and analysis of both project P&L and the management accounts
- Be a change agent within finance to ensure the function is ahead of the growth rate of the wider company
- Provide day-to-day management and coaching to junior team members, specifically the Finance Assistant who is responsible for all transactional items
2+ years PQE (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- 1+ year as a Finance Manager or similar
- Experience playing a key role in both BAU and Month End close cycles
- Varied experience within a finance department as both a preparer and a reviewer
- Management reporting experience, both from a creation and analysis perspective
- Experience with payroll and VAT returns is a must
- Experience with statutory accounts, audit and project accounting are preferable but not necessary
- Advanced excel or Gsheet skills, e.g. complex formulas, pivot tables, VBA
- Experience with process improvements and creating procedures/policies is a plus
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will be:
- A natural problem solver with a high attention to detail
- Calm and resilient under pressure
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with a challenge/question mindset
- A strong communicator, able to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple functions
- Possess the desire and soft skills to lead the finance team in the future
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Meaningful equity
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- Learning & Development budget for you to grow professionally
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Access to Bippit, an all-in-one financial wellbeing platform, which includes unlimited 1:1 coaching from a finance professional.
- Work from anywhere in the UK or within GMT +/-3 hours time zone; we're a remote-first company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.