Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.
Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a diverse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
As a Distributed Technical Lead you are responsible for a portfolio of technical projects. The Technical Lead is involved in projects end-to-end, from estimating opportunities, interviewing/testing developers, setting up the technical approach to software project delivery, managing the technical delivery through to completion and re-engagement.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multi-national banks to bleeding-edge tech start-ups building their first products.
As a Technical Lead at Distributed, you will be setting the standard for Technical Delivery first in the company then the industry.
- Manage, motivate and develop a growing team of fully distributed remote engineers whilst also being a hands-on engineer yourself
- Ensure technical excellence for all Distributed’s customer deliveries
- Independent technical decision making for our customers and our Elastic Teams
- Obsessively improve our technical delivery process, enabling projects to be delivered at a higher standard with less effort
- Build confidence and understanding of your technical approach to a range of technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with technical & non-technical people
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Prioritisation of activities in a varied portfolio, always putting customers first
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines, whilst working well under pressure
- Ability to deliver across a wide range of technologies and in a meaningful degree of detail
- Have an empathetic leadership style and building strong, effective relationships
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building scalable and highly reliable SaaS/PaaS applications
- Ability to have difficult conversations across stakeholders and act decisively to ensure beneficial outcomes
- You’re a self-starter full of initiative, you get excited about designing and implementing complex software delivery
- Extensive experience in managing the performance and development of high-performance software engineers
- demonstrated experience of working in a start-up, so comfortable with the fast-paced way of working
- Have delivered major projects across multiple industries
- Hands-on development experience is a must, preferably across multiple languages
- Have experience managing the performance and development of high-performing engineers
- Your previous titles may include Senior Developer, Engineering Lead or Engineering Manager
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Meaningful equity ownership
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.