Who are we?
Distributed is a leading Software and Advisory company which rapidly empowers enterprises to build better technology by providing curated access to the world's best development talent through our Talent Cloud. Our model assembles trusted and passionate experts into Elastic Teams that tackle complex challenges, meet deadlines, and deliver quality outcomes.
Distributed provides enterprises access to the top 3% of global development talent through our elite Talent Cloud model, rapidly assembling Elastic Teams of vetted experts to drive technology innovation.
Distributed leverages our exclusive network to curate custom Talent Clouds of the most innovative developers, forming targeted Elastic Teams that deliver breakthrough enterprise solutions.
To find out more, head to https://distributed.com/about.
The AWS Technical Architect reports to the Technical Director and is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining robust and scalable AWS-based solutions that meet business requirements. As the technical subject matter expert for AWS services, the Architect will collaborate with Presales Solutions Architects, engineering and management teams to ensure successful delivery of projects.
Design and implement scalable, secure, and resilient AWS architectures: Evaluate business requirements and architecture trade-offs.
- Define and maintain technical standards, best practices, and guidelines.
- Assist in the planning and management of AWS projects: Assist in the development of project plans, define timelines, and ensure efficient resource utilisation, monitoring progress against key milestones.
- Collaborate with presales and delivery teams: Facilitate knowledge transfer between teams, ensure seamless integration of different components, and enable continuous improvement of processes.
- Manage AWS-based environments: Conduct infrastructure and performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimisation for production, staging, and development environments.
- Conduct research and analyse emerging technologies: Stay updated with the latest industry developments and identify opportunities to implement cutting-edge technologies that would improve service quality, efficiency, and maintainability.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements: Assist in the development and maintenance of compliance strategies, policies, and procedures for AWS-based solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues: Analyse incidents, identify root causes, and implement appropriate corrective actions to minimise service disruptions.
8+ years of experience with .Net, C# and SqlServer, including desktop, web and mobile applications.
- Experience with software systems development, application and enterprise architecture practices.
- Applicable knowledge of structured approaches to software systems requirements gathering & design methodologies.
- An expert level understanding of software development methodologies and practices, such as CI/CD, QA, peer review, manual testing, automated testing, TDD, IaC, and DevOps.
- An expert level understanding of software project and programme management methodologies & frameworks, such as PRINCE2, Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft AWS service offerings for IaaS and PaaS, how they can be leveraged to enable modernisation, migration, transformation strategies including utilisation and pricing.
- The ability to estimate and articulate with confidence the complexity and cost of solutions you devise.
- An exceptional ability to explain technical matters (including technologies, processes and justifications for estimations pertaining to your solution proposals) in writing, pictorially and verbally.
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to work; deliver independently & collaboratively to tight deadlines and communicate effectively ASAP when that’s not possible.
It would really be good if you have:
- Detailed knowledge of Azure or GCP.
- Some knowledge of UX design principles, constraints and concerns.
- AWS Solutions Architect or higher certifications
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Meaningful equity
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- Learning & Development budget for you to grow professionally
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Access to Bippit, an all-in-one financial wellbeing platform, which includes unlimited 1:1 coaching from a finance professional.
- Work from anywhere in the UK or within GMT +/-3 hours time zone; we're a remote-first company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.